Digital Product Manager
We are looking for a full-time experienced Digital Product Manager to join Acamar’s Content & Audiences division. Reporting to Director of Digital Product, this hands-on role is both creative and technical and will play a key role in the expansion and development of Bing’s digital footprint.
Working closely with the Director of Digital Product, the Digital Product Manager will contribute to the development of Acamar’s first-party digital products roadmap as well as manage and supervise their technical development and production. They will also be a key product stakeholder for digital products run by our partners (e.g. the Bing e-commerce website).
In particular, the Digital Product Manager will be responsible for the day-to-day maintenance, international roll out and ongoing development of all Acamar’s digital properties: Bing apps, BingBunny.com, Acamar’s corporate website, and future digital propositions (e.g. Alexa/Google Voice products).
With an initial focus on managing the newly launched ‘Bing: Watch, Play, Learn app’, the Digital Product Manager will execute its product roadmap and own its production and release schedule – working alongside both our digital agency and in-house team to further develop and enhance the proposition in 2020.
You will be experienced in scoping out and executing production processes for digital products, and comfortable in managing the day-to-day priorities of in-house technical developers and/or technical development partners.
Working with our internal editorial, strategic and commercial teams , and external agencies as necessary, you will act as a key stakeholder in the development of ideas for new digital products and their creative implementation – for example, interactive learning games, e-books, audio stories, voice apps and other internet technologies.
Finally, the you should be highly numerate and equipped to analyse digital performance data from multiple sources – ensuring that key metrics and insights are reported back to the business on a regular basis.
As the digital product go-to person, you will need to:
- Have a strong technical understanding of computer programming and experience in delivering game content.
- Complete familiarity with the digital production cycle – including briefing, estimating, risk management, project control and management.
- Be confident in finding, managing and motivating a team of developers and production talent – supporting the Director of Digital Product during the recruitment process.
- Have strong ideas and enthusiastic opinions about things like usability, app development, web trends, design and advertising.
- Have proven experience of working with the range of disciplines and software packages required to deliver an interactive project; creative development, technical development and delivery, user experience and design, copywriting, video production.
- Be at ease in managing a wide range of project sizes – mini-sites through to large multi-platform app propositions
Experience of React and iOS/Android platforms preferable.
Knowledge and understanding of youth markets, child development or educational markets would be a bonus.
- Experience working with Firebase databases and Google Analytics.
- Experience using AWS services, including S3, CloudFront and virtual servers.
- Experience with LAMP web development, as well as using WordPress or other similar CMS systems
- Experience in image manipulation (e.g. Photoshop) and video editing
- Experience with project management systems and communication tools (e.g. slack, basecamp, Jira etc…)
- Experience in game production a bonus
- Experience in developing voice apps a bonus
Beyond being a technical expert, you will demonstrate
- Strong organisational skills and ability to deliver to a deadline
- Creativity, with an extraordinary eye for detail
- Excellent English communication skills
- Good team player skills with the ability to take on feedback constructively within the creative process
- Clear communication with the team and liaising with other departments
- Flexibility with good initiative, able to deal with ambiguity (asking the right questions, anticipating needs, being resourceful and preparing for a number of outcomes.)
- Experience of working in a fast-paced environment with the ability to multi-task and prioritise effectively
Whilst prior experience of working in children’s content is not essential, the successful candidate will be able to demonstrate a respect and empathy for the needs of a pre-school digital audience.
Most importantly, the most qualified candidate will be strongly aligned with Acamar core values, which include: Collaboration, creativity, curiosity, courage, diversity, kindness, leadership and integrity.
This is a full-time role, based in Camden, London
If you are interested and would love to join Team Bing, then please submit your CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Head of UK Licensing and Merchandising
We are looking for a stand-out candidate to join our licensing team as Head of UK, as we engage with ambitious goals that take us far beyond our heartland of television and further into the world of Consumer Products and Retail. These are just some of the areas you will be working with as you seek to deliver opportunities principally in the Consumer Products and Licensed categories in the UK.
In this newly created role, you will be identifying and negotiating with key potential licensing partners and forging strong retail relationships as we develop a broad portfolio of varied new products and experiences based on our Bing IP. You will also be required to nurture and develop existing licensing partnerships.
You will be working as a key member of our Licensing and Merchandising team, based in Camden, London, as well as coordinating closely with our UK based licensees and retailers. You will seek out and secure the best licensing partners to help us deliver our long-term goals. Prepared to regularly travel nationally and to be the face of Acamar Films at relevant industry shows, you will also work closely with the Production, Product Development, Design, Marketing, Finance and Legal teams to ensure we deliver the best deals.
You will be a commercially minded strategic thinker and passionate about bringing children and family brands to consumer across multiple touchpoints. Most importantly we are looking for an individual who wants to work in an ever-evolving creative and collaborative environment and possess the tenacity to make things happen.
- Delivering UK revenue target
- Quarterly and Annual forecasting and reforecasting – working closely with the finance team
- Ensuring credit checks are conducted for new licensee partnerships accordingly to level of risk/earnings
- Working with finance to ensure royalty reports are submitted on time quarterly, and accurately reflect sales and retail listings
- Quarterly review meetings with Top 10 licensees
- Identifying and implementing DTR and Halo partnerships working closely with Head of EMEA, UK Marketing Manager, product development and design teams
- Helping to find innovative ways to grow the business
- Securing new licensing deals and negotiating renewals alongside our legal team
- Researching and pitching new category opportunities and prospective clients
- Working with the Head of EMEA in the extension of local deals or distribution opportunities into additional countries, and vice versa
- Supporting the Executive Director of Sales in analysing trading priorities inclusive of launches, promotions, exclusives, and campaign activities for the purpose of maximizing sales opportunities
- Representing the business at conferences, trade fairs and networking events, sales workshops, seminars and hosting events and so forth
- Supporting the Executive Director of Sales in ensuring the delivery of results is in line with the planned strategy, adjusting where necessary and importantly, prioritizing activity
- Implementation and execution of the UK licensing roll out strategy, in collaboration with Executive Director of Sales
- Working closely with the Creative, Marketing and Content teams to develop joint business plans.
- Ensuring the long-term success of Bing with 3 year roll out plan and reviewing on an ongoing basis, working with marketing, product development, brand and partnerships, publishing and content teams
- Ensuring up to date UK market and industry knowledge at all times in order to react and adjust strategic direction accordingly
- Overseeing the roll out of the Bing web shop, its development and maintenance and overall sales performance, taking appropriate action to ensure long term success and integration into the Bing app
- Contributing to company strategic UK market brainstorms
Retail & Category management
- Delivering UK revenue across softlines category and taking ownership of UK retail strategy to include ecommerce and DTR relationships
- Identifying DTR opportunities and pitching, working closely with Head of EMEA, UK Marketing Manager, product development and design teams
- Managing strategic relationships with our master toy partner, Golden Bear, working closely with the Head of EMEA
- Seeking, developing and maintaining relationships with new UK based licensees, retailers and partners – ensuring they are updated on Bing and ongoing product placement and listings are secured
- Working with Executive Director of Sales to recommend CMF and/or marketing spend as appropriate to ensure sales support and retail activations across key product categories e.g. competition prizes, instore events, point of sale
- Ensuring retail listings are captured on a seasonal basis and shared with marketing to assist with retail activations
- Brainstorming ideas internally to align with key marketing themes
- Working with content team to ensure all aspects of community management are being fulfilled to support product and retail launches via Acamar’s social media platforms
- Mentoring newcomers to licensing from retail through the Retail Mentoring Programme ensuring Acamar supports the industry and develops long term partnerships
Marketing and Brand Management
- Working closely with the UK Marketing Manager to ensure product roll out alignment and implementation of brand strategy
- Negotiating CMF funding with licensees where/if appropriate to support retail and marketing initiatives and agreeing yearly spend with Executive Director of Sales
- Ensuring monthly dispatch of all brand materials and updates to external parties (retailers, licensees)
- Marketing material management (concept to execution) e.g. licensee trade shows, BLE, consumer and trade press submissions, fact sheets, newsletters
- Leading licensee and retail workshops every 6 months, working with marketing, product development, design, publishing, brand and partnerships and content teams
- Working with content and marketing team on key product release calendar to ensure key product launches are being highlighted to the Bing community via Acamar’s social media platforms
- Working in conjunction with UK Marketing Manager to present Bing to retailers and licensees
- Be the face of Acamar in the UK licensing industry, ensuring Bing is top of mind in all trade and marketing communications, working with the UK Marketing Manager
Creative and PD Management
- Working closely with the product development and design teams on getting first class product to market in line with market and consumer products roll out strategy
- Ensuring all licensees and retailers (as appropriate) have the most up to date creative assets, working with product development teams
- Providing input into deliverables and budgets of style guides/assets
- Briefing in design work for key licensee or retail pitches as required
- Working with product development team to ensure product book showcases best in class product from UK twice a year for BLE and LIE, working with Head of EMEA as well as PD and creative teams
- Ensuring full alignment with PD on UK market needs for successful product launches and appropriate ranges eg Golden Bear, in line with strategy
- Key retail buyer meetings and/or pitches with PD team as required
- To provide support, line management, guidance and mentorship and be pivotal in recruiting additional team members as the company expands, with shared ambitions, strategic thinking and a collaborative approach.
- Manage and monitor direct reports performances and deliverables
- Proven successful relationships with retailers and delivering results. DTR experience is desirable.
- Extensive experience across a wide range of product categories in both softlines and hardlines
- Significant demonstrable understanding of the industry framework; understanding of market needs, expectations, competition and pricing
- Proven track record of building and commercializing successful IP across licensing, marketing, product, entertainment and retail
- Must be commercially aware – the ideal candidate can demonstrate awareness of current and future market trends and an interest in consumer products
- In depth knowledge of the licensing industry, ideally in children’s branded consumer products
- Experience of working in a high growth team or start up would be an advantage
- A thorough and detailed knowledge of Bing and its ethos is an advantage, teamed with a willingness to learn more
- Degree in Marketing / Business or similar or equivalent experience
- Experience of budget planning and tracking costs effectively
- Intellectual rigor and creative flair
- First class presentation, negotiation and influencing skills
- Excellent communicator and relationship builder
- The enthusiasm, commitment and drive to push forward ideas and champion Bing
- Proven ability to organize and manage a heavy workload and juggle priorities effectively
- Most importantly, the most qualified candidate will be strongly aligned with Acamar core values, which include: Collaboration, creativity, curiosity, courage, diversity, kindness, leadership and integrity.
This role will report to the Executive Director of Sales
The role is full time, and office based (Camden, London.) Regular UK and some international travel, will be required.
The Acamar Films Rights Management division spearheads the licensing for BING; developing global plans that balance both creative integrity and the ability to create sustainable revenues for the company and our partners.
Main purpose of the job
To support the Director of Promotions and Partnerships in all aspects of the Experiential (theme parks and attractions, Family Entertainment Centres, live shows, exhibits, etc.) and Promotions business. This will involve supporting projects, supporting the budgeting process and assisting with new business development. This role works closely with internal departments across the business to keep projects moving forward including Legal, Finance, Production, Rights Management, Creative, Design, Product Development, Marketing, Content & Audiences.
- To assist the Director of Promotions and Partnerships in managing deals from the start (sourcing, pitching, contracts) to the end (review, approval, oversight) and to a high standard
- To produce project resources (creative, materials, approvals) for prospective venues and partners to ensure they are completed and delivered as required
- To build and maintain relationships with external parties (new and existing), e.g. attraction partners, promotional partners, event production companies, licensees and international agents
- To manage all approvals for third party activities and cross promotional activities as required
- To work with the Rights Management team and international agents to develop our retail business in any event, attraction exhibition, or promotion e.g. licensed products sales, co-branded merchandise and licensed premiums
- To liaise closely with Creative and Product Development on all design and concept support areas (e.g. attractions, themed areas) and merchandise
- To work with the Content & Audiences and Marketing teams to communicate and promote all events, attractions & exhibitions across Bing channels
- To work with the legal and finance teams to move projects through including contract agreements and financial reporting
- To liaise with the Design and Production teams on the availability of assets and archive materials for the development and execution of projects
- To develop a database of venues, promotions, companies and contacts in the UK and internationally
- To manage the development of design packages and tool kits
- To prepare status updates and milestone reviews, as well as sales reports
- To manage server files and emails
- Market research and competitor analysis including the attendance of key trade shows
- Monitor budgets and track project expenses
- Occasional travel to licensed project and prospective sites
- Proven experience within brand licensing and location-based entertainment for a toy/game, entertainment, attraction design or consultancy firm
- Must be self-motivated and organized, with a keen understanding of project phases and priority
- Excellent administrative and organisational skills
- Ability to multi-task in a creative, open office environment, be detailed oriented, adaptable and meet stringent deadlines with a “do what it takes” attitude
- Adept in prioritizing work assignments and focusing on critical and timely tasks
- Proactive approach to developing new business opportunities; identifying and initiating new leads
- Skilled in working independently and in a team; be resourceful and use sound judgement to complete assignments in a timely manner
- Must demonstrate an attention to detail, thoroughness, organizational skills and the ability to analyse Information
- Strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills are essential
- IT proficient –Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint (Essential) & Photoshop (Desired)
- Understanding of digital platforms including social channels ideal but not essential
- Intuitive and enthusiastic approach to problem solving
- Proven experience of negotiation, analytical and reporting skills
- The ability to work to a brief
- Understand departmental and company objectives
- Self-motivated and able to work on own initiative
- Pro-active, flexible & team-based approach to work
- Ability to cope under pressure
- Most importantly, the most qualified candidate will be strongly aligned with Acamar core values, which include: Collaboration, creativity, curiosity, courage, diversity, kindness, leadership and integrity
- An understanding of contractual processes
- Languages a bonus
- Project management skills
- International experience
If you are interested and would love to join Team Bing, please submit your CV and a covering letter to email@example.com. Applications received via any other email address will not be considered.