If you're talented, passionate about creating the best pre-school property and
an avid collaborator, Acamar Films could be the place for you!
Full Time Salary: £35K
We are looking for a Full-Time, Videographer to join a new team at Acamar Films.
Acamar Films are a London-based independent company, founded in 2005, to create film and television projects that move and delight audiences worldwide and are the creators of the Emmy and Writer’s Guild Award winning, BAFTA nominated pre-school property – Bing.
Bing is hugely popular and much-loved and has over 250 million iPlayer episode downloads and has been broadcast in multiple territories worldwide with great success. Now, we are embarking on an exciting opportunity to emulate this success globally on YouTube and this is a key role within our Content Team for an individual to collaborate, develop, create, make and deliver engaging new videos.
This is a hands-on position reporting to Acamar’s Content Producer and working closely with the wider team. Primarily, this role is about delighting our audience with well-developed and beautifully executed video content, so a proven track record in video production, comprehensive technical understanding of camera operation, a passion for lighting and post-production are essential. As is an excellent understanding of pre-school life, alongside compassion, respect and empathy for our audience and contributors.
You will have a proven track record in producing, filming and editing quality video content for children under the pressure of a tight production timeline and ideally, you will have some experience of creating content specifically for YouTube with an understanding of the genres which work well for young children on that platform. You will also work with our Social Media Team creating thought-provoking and smart content for grown-ups, that drives a broader awareness and understanding of Bing.
This is a role in a collegiate creative environment with Acamar’s internal team as well as with external partners; you should be comfortable receiving a variety of inputs and in working with a with a number of colleagues. We would love to meet someone who is equally as passionate as us about starting a global YouTube channel, in a competitive viewing landscape, who shares our hunger for knowledge and ambition to define best practice in this genre, is interested in pre-school development and story. There is a serious opportunity for growth in this role as our team evolves into more territories, adapts to challenges and celebrates success.
The successful candidate MUST undergo a Capital Disclosure Barring Service check.
• Working with writers, producers, directors, talent, freelancers or solo.
• Visualising production scripts, briefs and understanding project requirements to produce great results.
• Filming in our studio or on location.
• Setup and capture high quality shots to fulfil the brief. (Includes advanced lighting and optimal audio capture)
• Editing video content.
• Editing video projects using Adobe Premiere Pro, After Effects and ancillary packages (Dialogue cutting, editing consultant and trouble-shooter)
• Data wrangling
• Encoding & delivering for web/broadcast
• Media management and archiving of completed jobs.
• Video camera operation, sound equipment and the overall production process.
• Highly proficient with Premiere Pro, After Effects and the wider Adobe suite.
• Tech savvy, with considerable knowledge of audio/visual equipment, hardware, software, troubleshooting and techniques used in video production and editing.
• Creative, with an extraordinary eye for detail.
• Excellent English communication skills.
• Enthusiastic, self motivated and able to work independently even under pressure.
• Good team player and a collaborator with the ability to take on feedback constructively within the creative process.
• Understanding of children’s content.
• Flexible with good initiative, able to deal with ambiguity (asking the right questions, anticipating needs, being resourceful and preparing for a number of outcomes.)
• Responsible and able to deliver to a deadline.
• Knowledge of safe work practices, particularly lighting and manual handling.
• VoD and YouTube experience with an understanding of analytics.
Audio engineering and mixing.
• Colour grading.
• Producing, the ability to lead a team and steer a project creatively.
• Script writing.
• Languages in addition to English.
Please apply to firstname.lastname@example.org with a concise, compelling covering letter and attach links to recent work.
No agencies please.
Acamar Films are now looking for an Executive Assistant to provide support to the Chief Commercial Officer (CCO) and the wider commercial team in a fast paced, creative and dynamic environment.
The role requires attention to detail, juggling of priorities and a fun, can do attitude and includes a wide range of duties.
High level EA support for the CCO including:
If you are interested and would love to join Team Bing, then please submit your CV and a covering letter to email@example.com
“As someone who previously worked in live film, Acamar has allowed me to discover the unique and very different world of animation – something I admired lifelong from afar! As Acamar is a successful yet small company not only have I been able to exercise my existing skills, but have now also acquired a great number of new ones. Bing is presently being introduced to multiple territories and so this is a very exciting time to be a part of such a friendly and proactive team, all within a homely, bright and pleasant office space in the heart of vibrant Camden.”